Hi Bride & Groom!
Getting your marriage license is one of the easiest items to complete on your Wedding Checklist. Typically, you can apply for a license at least 6 months The rules will vary state to state, county to county.
4 key things you need to know about the marriage license process: Note: These are general guidelines for Md and VA.
- You must apply for a marriage license in the state and county you are getting married in. It is not based on where you or your groom live.
- Carefully review the application for errors. Recorded marriage license corrections may cost up to 165
- You can use the marriage license 48 hours after applying for it and it is effective for 6 months.
- Make sure the Officiant signs the license and gives you the original, after the ceremony. The Officiant must return the completed signed copy to the County Court House, no later than 5 days after the ceremony.
- Order certified copies of your marriage license, immediately after the wedding, to show proof of marriage.
Marriage license cost may vary, 50-75.